While the best part of this signature snack is certainly the taste, the second best aspect is how simple and adaptable the recipe is. By simply swapping out the peanut butter for marshmallows and the confectioners’ sugar for cocoa, we’ve created a hot fudge sundae variation so flavorful that it rivals the original.
1 box of Chex cereal
4 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of chocolate chips
¾ cup of marshmallows
¾ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup of confectioners' sugar
¾ cup of sprinkles and extra mini marshmallows
- To heat the butter, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Continue to stir until the butter liquefies.
- Using this same indirect heating method, add ¾ cup of marshmallows to the butter. Continue to stir the marshmallows as it begins to melt, paying close attention to the melting process so that it does not burn. As soon as it melts, remove from the heat.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the melted marshmallows, and stir to combined. The marshmallows and chocolate should, for the most part, liquefy into a single fluid.
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the melted chocolate-marshmallow mixture over the Chex. Use a wooden spoon to coat the cereal, but be careful not to crush the Chex in the process.
- Mix together the ¾ cup cocoa powder with the ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar. Add the sprinkles to the powder, and evenly pour into two large ziplock bags. Then divide the chocolatey cereal into each bag. Close up the ziplock bags, and shake until all of the cereal has been covered.
- Empty the ziplock bags into a large serving bowl, and garnish with additional mini marshmallows and sprinkles. Enjoy the chocolatey deliciousness of this treat now, or store the puppy chow in an airtight container to keep it fresh for later!
This article was prepared by ReminderMedia.
LPL Tracking #1-05233969